Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Master Bath, Hall Bath, Kitchen Corbels, Clear Coat - by Holly

Here you can see the how the marble subway transitions to the ceramic. We have a chair rail, mosaic, pencil border. I am REALLY happy with it.

[You may notice the marble in the shower seems darker; that's just until it dries]





And just for kicks, here's the kids/hall bath before grouting:







I walked in to find the two corbels installed on the island. The countertops will extend 18" over but I figured I might as well put a little charm/detail in the supporting brackets. I'm in love with them and like to think that I could someday add more around the kitchen (under the upper cabinets):







Below is Todd applying a clear coat of poly to a piece of flooring. I've been informed that the best thing to do with reclaimed heart pine is to leave it natural. Unfortunately, the qualities most people appreciate in heart pine (grain + yellow/red tones) are the qualities I would try to minimize. However, I am being open minded to matters of historic appropriateness and we'll decide later. Either way, I know we have beautiful floors and for that I am grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment