Friday, June 24, 2011

Restored Opening - by Holly

Originally the front parlor was open to the dining room (evidence from trim) and I was sooo anxious to restore it that I already got started. Wow that felt good. ;)



I also discovered what I assume are all the fireboxes and chimneys (6 total) original to the house:
It's kinda hard to see well in this pic but there's brick all the way up to the ceiling. I hope to incorporate these exposed brick features into the design.


Also, I needed a night out yesterday, so, where did I go? Home Depot. Nothing says "girl's night" to me like a home improvement store! I was surprised to find this tile at Home Depot of all places (I'm in love with it):


And finally, here is a short video of the first official demo work which was complete with our first surprise at what's behind the wall. I started laughing because the hammer felt ridiculously close to my face:

2 comments: