Friday, April 5, 2013

A Little Reluctant

We've been in the house for a year and I feel I should have some grand blog post about where we were and where we are now. But I have been a little reluctant. It hasn't been as sunny as the yellow on our house. ;) We love our home and we love our neighborhood. We learned a lot from this project. More than I thought we would. And perhaps that is what I wrestle with the most, dare I say, a bit of disappointment, but ultimately learning and that is a good thing. In my mind we would fix up the house and while it wouldn't have all of its finishing touches, it would be glorious. But we're still doing a lot of fixing. And a little finishing.

So there it is. A year later, a lot still unresolved but we're learning. And we'll get there. :)


1 comment:

  1. I also found the process a little anti-climactic and strange. I still love the house and the work we did to make it whole again, but I miss the days of actively dreaming of what shapes it could take.

    Is it an empty nest syndrome of house restoration?

    ReplyDelete